Ikea is the world’s biggest furniture company. They make and sell ready-to-assemble furniture, appliances and home accessories. So, why is this important? Well because they are such a large company and have been around for a very long time, there is a very good chance you may have some of this furniture in your house, an Ikea table, some chairs, a nightstand or something of the sort and it might need a little fix up or customizing to bring back it’s shine.
Ikea tables and some of their other products are also great to have because you can take almost any of their parts and mix and match, you can make a table any height you want it, any style. So with that being said I want to share with you some ideas to bring the pizazz back into your Ikea tables.
- Ikea tables are great fun to work with, being that they are not too costly and pretty common to come by, I’ve noticed people incorporating their own design, decoration and modifying angles and cuts to create their own style and custom table. The most common way to customize you table is with paint or decals like flowers and stencil this always gives your table a new look and is also very easy to do all it takes is a little imagination.
- Another really cool idea is to convert the piece you have now into a game table. Think of a favorite board game you like to play and draw it out on your tabletop. A chess/checkers design is very simple to do other types of board games might require a little more attention to detail.
- A fast and simple modification is to saw the table in half and use it as a corner piece for some plants or maybe a lamp of some sort. Of course doing this type of modification requires care because making a mistake could mean your table going into the trash.
- Ikea table could be made to fit specific types of instruments also. I’ve seen these tables revised to fit turntables and other DJ equipment.
- Another idea I recently came across is making your old table into a play table for the kids. A place where they could store their crayons, toys and books and also have their own area to enjoy these things.
So take a look around the house. You may have some Ikea tables that are in need of some customizing or maybe one that just needs a little personal touch. I hope these thoughts have been helpful. Happy woodworking!