Your humble kitchen floor is capable of much more tired linoleum patterns for their easy maintenance. Kitchen flooring options range from the distinct stone designs to the affordable but classy looking vinyl tiles. The plethora of kitchen flooring options in the market these days can be a bit overwhelming. Heading right ahead to your local home improvement or DIY store may seem to be your initial option but it would also be a good idea if you know what you are looking for. Being forewarned is as good as being forearmed.
A kitchen floor, aside from being durable and practical, is a big design statement inside your home. The type of kitchen flooring you choose will affect the other design elements and with the variety of colors, textures and materials there is today, your choices are endless. Here are the most common type of kitchen flooring being used today.
· Vinyl flooring. This is perhaps among the most popular choice for kitchen floors. It is not only sturdy and durable, it is also easy to clean and maintain. Because of the advances in the manufacturing process these days, there are a wide variety of vinyl flooring colors and designs. It is also made available in sheets or in tiles. Because it is fairly easy to mop and wipe clean, vinyl is the right choice for households and families who are in the search for stylish designs that are easy to maintain.
· Ceramic tiles. This type also features easy cleaning and maintenance. Ceramic tiles combine the sleek looks with an awesome potential. There is a wide range of patterns, designs, and colors to choose from so that it easily matches any kitchen design. Ceramic tiles may not be as affordable as the vinyl material but it offers a more luxurious finish and unique look for your kitchen floor.
· Laminate flooring. This kind of flooring is slowly climbing its way to popularity. The principle in making this type of flooring is that an image is laminated in a durable flooring material. This gives out the desired effect of wooden floors even without the cost of a genuine hardwood floor. Laminate tiles are also easy to clean and install. It can be bought in sheets, strips or planks.
· Hardwood flooring. This is perhaps the most lavish type of laminate kitchen flooring. Nothing else will ever truly compare to the elegance and beauty of a well finished hardwood floor. A genuine hardwood floor is pretty expensive and costly for any kitchen remodeling project. Make sure you choose a good hardwood finish so that you floor will last longer.
· Stone flooring. This kind may be pretty expensive because of the distinct appeal it gives to your kitchen floor. The kind of stone you choose will impact the size, shape and cost of the stones. It may be hard to fit stones on the floor because of their unusual shapes but nothing looks as alluring and as unique as shimmering stone floor.
Finding the right floor type with the right beauty, durability and ease of maintenance is just as essential. In the end, your kitchen remodeling budget will affect your choice of flooring, design and other kitchen additions.